Filed under: Open Houses | Tags: Open House, Oregon, Real Estate, Realtor, Verona
517 Goldenrod Cir. Verona, WI will have an Open House Sunday 4/14/13 from 12:00 – 2:00. This great new listing is 3 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, for $224,900. It’s close to schools, tennis courts, parks, and dining! Minutes to Madison & Epic! Check out the full listing , and come visit us Sunday.
350 Kennedy Dr. Oregon WI will have an Open House Sunday 4/14/13 from 12:00-2:00. This is another brand new listing with 3 bedroom, 2 bathrooms, for a very affordable $189,900. This property backs up to a green space adding to your privacy. This one won’t last long! See the full listing.
Filed under: For Sale
Verona is hot! Listed at $224,900 this is the only house in Verona that is less than 15 years old and under $235,000. This is a great ranch home with beautiful new floors, open layout, great entertaining deck, 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, and vaulted ceilings. The basement is a musicians dream, its partially finished (just needs trim), and is currently set up as a recording studio and band practice area, with sound proofing and all. This could make a great rec room and office too. Close to schools, tennis courts, parks, and dining! Minutes to Madison & Epic! Check out the full listing .
OPEN HOUSE Sunday 4/14/13 12:00 – 2:00
At $189,900 this 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1572 SF home won’t last long. This home is in a great location close to Oregon schools, parks, public pool and tennis courts. The backyard features a deck and patio and is adjecent to a green space, great for grilling season or watching the kids play. This home has been well maintained and has a new furnace. It is move in ready, or you can finish off the basement and do some cosmetic updating to add a ton of value.
Open House 4/14/13 12:00 – 2:00
We’ve been slacking on blog posting lately. That is because we’ve been swamped! I think the last 6 weeks have been our busiest ever, and in addition to that we started our own real estate brokerage. I (Keith) made the transition to Great Rock Realty 5 or 6 weeks ago in to get things started. Kinsey just transferred her license over on Friday.
Great Rock Realty is now officially open and ready for business! In fact, we’ve already got two properties under contract as Great Rock Realty. Our website isn’t quite done yet, but it should be ready in a couple more weeks.
Our clients probably won’t notice much of a change with this move since we’ve always been fairly independent, even while working other brokers. Our goal with the new business is to provide the same great service, help more buyers and sellers, donate more money to charity, and eventually bring on other quality agents to do the same.
You will continue to see our personal branding as Keith and Kinsey Real Estate. This has become our recognizable personal brand. Great Rock Realty will just replace the roll that Keller Williams had played for us in the past. So, don’t be surprised to see both logos on signs around town.
We will continue our charity program with 10% of our commissions going to the charity of our clients choice. As we add agents and grow our new business, we will also donate 10% of Great Rock Realty profits to charity.
It’s been a lot of work to get things set up, and we are excited and looking forward to this new challenge and adventure. Thanks to all of our clients, family, and friends who have been very supportive in this move.
On a side note… 6 weeks until the baby is expected! We’ve got lots to get done!
Filed under: Real Estate, Uncategorized | Tags: real estate market, Realtor, sellers market, Verona
- Real estate agents, home inspectors, and mortgage lenders all seem to be swamped.
- 4 out of the last 5 deals we’ve worked on have been multiple offer situations.
- Our 2 most recent listings had accepted offers within a week of going on the market.
- Sellers are becoming a little more firm with negotiations because of the amount of showing activity they’ve been getting.
- It’s getting hard to find good inventory in some areas.
- Many properties our buyers request showings on have accepted offers already.
What do you think? Is it becoming a seller’s market? Or is this just spring activity coming early or fear that interest rates will rise?
It’s that time of year again… Tax time. I know, I cringe when I think about it too. Real estate is one of the most tax favored assets in the United States. If you’re a home owner or rental property owner, don’t forget to take advantage of all the tax deductions available to you. The following are real estate related items that are usually deductible.
Home Owner Tax Deductions
- Mortgage Interest: Interest paid on your mortgage is deductible, if the balance is under $1million ($500,000 if married filing separately).
- Points or Loan Origination Fees: If you bought a home in 2011 check your closing statement for points or origination fees, these may be deductible.
- Property Taxes: Real estate taxes excluding itemized charges such as trash collection or improvement assessments are deductible.
- Mortgage Insurance (PMI): If you pay mortgage insurance premiums and your adjusted gross income is less than $109,000 ($54,500 if married filing separately) these premiums are deductible.
- Capital Gains Exclusion: If you sold a property that was your primary residence for 2 out of the last 5 years, your profits are excluded from capital gains taxes (up to $500,000 married filing joint).
Rental Property Deductions
In addition to the items above, income properties offer even more deductions.
- Rental Expenses: There’s a whole slew of things listed on IRS Schedule E that are tax deductable for rental properties. These items are pretty self explanatory and include; advertising, cleaning and maintenance, insurance, legal and other professional fees, management fees, supplies, and utilities.
- Depreciation: Our tax system allows you to claim depreciation on improved portions of your income properties (the building, not the land). This is generally done on a 27.5 year schedule. Note; you do have to reclaim that depreciation when you sell, unless you do a 1031 exchange.
- Auto and Travel: Most small rental property owners use their personal vehicles for business purposes and can claim the standard mileage rate as a deduction for their rental related travels.
- Home Office Expense: If your rental business office is in your home, you may qualify for the home office deduction. This would allow you to deduct a portion of the expenses related to your home (insurance, repairs, utilities).
I hope this information helps you recognize a few ways you could save on your taxes. However, you should always check with your tax adviser before claiming any of these items. I am not a tax professional, and I am not intending to give tax advice.
Filed under: Real Estate | Tags: Houses For sale, Madison, Real Estate, real estate agent, Realtor, WI
This listing just hit the market today and is hot! With 6 showings scheduled in less than 10 hours this one is going to go fast! Don’t miss out. This 3 bedroom 1.5 bath home conveniently located on Madison’s west side, is in great condition and ready for you to move in. You’ll love the private backyard, and open layout! Listed at $229,900 it won’t last long. View the full listing data here.