Filed under: Income Property, Real Estate | Tags: buyers agent, Home Buying, Madison wi, Realtor, Verona WI
A couple weeks ago, I wrote about the home buying process and picking a real estate agent. Although, I never really explained why you should have a buyer’s agent. There are tons of benefits to using a buyers agent! They will:
- Talk through your financials and recommend a mortgage lender who will work well for your needs.
- Analyze your wants and needs to help determine your requirements for a home and location.
- Guide you to homes that fit your criteria. Ask your agent to set up a search that will notify you every time there is a new listing or price change meeting your criteria.
- Educate you about the current market and help you make a wise decision on which home to choose.
- Look at comparable sales to determine a reasonable purchase price on the home you choose.
- Walk you through an offer contract and help you determine all the terms required in the contract to meet your needs.
- Negotiate on your behalf. Real estate professionals are trained negotiators and can often get a better price then a consumer can on their own.
- Keep you on track to meet all the dates and requirements outlined in your contract.
- Recommend inspectors and testers who will provide you knowledgeable input on the condition of your future home.
- Coordinate with the lender, inspector, title company, and listing agent to get everything ready for closing.
- Solve any problems that may arise related to the contract, financing, inspection, title, etc.
- Get the deal closed so you can start moving into your new home!
….and best of all…
In most cases you don’t have to pay a penny for the buyer’s agent, they’ll split the commission paid by the seller with the listing agent. For more info on this see How Does a Buyers Agent Get Paid. Don’t believe the lie that you get a better deal without a buyer agent.
2 Comments so far
Leave a comment